Careers at Harrington Homes
The team at Harrington Homes are expanding and the business has big ambitions for the future. If you have similar aspirations to work in a fun loving, friendly and hardworking team then we need to hear from you.
Harrington Homes is a great place to work. We love what we do. We take pride in our work and we work together to create a great new homes developments throughout the South West – homes that our customers will be proud to call home.
We are based in the beautiful rural village of Cornwood, near Ivybridge, in a stunning converted barn. An environment that is essential for calm and creative thinking.
Our team members are the key to the company’s success. If you want to make a difference and thrive in an exciting environment, then check out the roles available below.
Let us introduce you to our talented team: meet the team.
Design Technician (full time), Cornwood
At Harrington Homes we are all about providing quality to our customers and designing amazing homes. We are looking for a talented professional to support our design team.
The successful candidate will take ownership for the design and delivery of housing schemes as set out by the company.
Working closely with the Head of Design & Planning and collaboratively with the design team, you will be driven to deliver, ensuring targets are met or exceeded.
- To design and develop layouts and new homes designs, both planning and detailed design drawings using autoCAD.
- To continue to develop and reviewing core company house types.
- Liaising with commercial, sales, design and build teams both internally and externally, about the feasibility of potential projects.
- Working around constraining factors such as town planning legislation, environmental impact, and project budgets.
- Working closely with both internal and external professionals; building service engineers, construction managers, quantity surveyors and architectural technologists and more.
- The ability to develop and maintain relationships with all external partners.
- Submitting applications for planning, building control and warranty, in line with current legislation and guidance.
- Writing and presenting reports, proposals, and applications.
- Creating and developing agreed specifications.
- Adapting plans according to circumstances and resolving any problems that may arise during construction.
- Playing a part in the project team management.
- Travelling to building sites and proposed locations for design, build and sales meetings, including any additional meetings with suppliers or statutory authorities.
- Leading a design team to agree both short and long-term target deadlines.
- Ensure all administrative and reporting requirements are met according to company policies within agreed time frames.
- Adhering to company procedures, standards of performance.
- Weekly briefings and monthly design reviews reporting to the Head of Design & Planning.
- Undertaking tasks as required as directed by Head of Operations and Directors.
The Person – Essential Requirements:
- Design Experience in The New Homes Housing Industry or in architectural practice with a minimum 5 years’ experience.
- Preference for either HNC or degree qualification in construction or architecture, but not essential.
- Comprehensive understanding of planning policy.
- Proficient use of autoCAD.
- High Levels of Self-Management
- Comprehensive Computer Literacy Skills
- Full Driving Licence and The Ownership of a Car is Essential
To be successful in this role you must be able to prove eligibility to work in the UK.
Hours: Monday – Thursday 08:30-17:00 Friday 08:30 – 16:00
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays.
More vacancies coming soon
We are always looking for talented professionals to join our team. If you are a motivated and driven individual, then we would like to hear from you.
If we are not advertising for specific roles, don’t be discouraged. If your CV stands out from the crowd, then we will be in contact.